Reduced saltwater penetration, minimised corrosion, longer life and better performance - the Daiwa Saltist LTD 6500 Magseal Spinning Reel is upgraded and packed with features that take saltwater fishing to a whole new level.
Daiwa's new drag, ATD provides greater support of the spool across the entire length of the main shaft. This additional support reduces spool twist under load, promotes more even wear of the drag washers and ultimately reduces "pulsing" of the drag when fighting fish. Combined with new improved drag grease that exhibits a low viscosity at rest, yet becomes more viscous immediately after drag start up. This reduces initial drag startup inertia and combined with the structural changes of the ATD Drag System results in a smoother drag from the initial hook up.
Airbail features a hollow, tubular bail arm for maximum rigidity and strength, with minimum weight. The smooth, protrusion free design ensures lose line, common after a cast, slides easily down the bail onto the line roller during the retrieve, eliminating line tangles.
Especially for our reels with oil barrier (Mag Sealed reels) mechanism Daiwa has developed a complete new Air Rotor. So the enormous strains, which affect the rotor via the line and the line roller are better distributed. This causes less pressure on the single parts of the rotor. The new rotor is 15% more light weighted than usual rotors of the same material - this reduces vibrations and enhances the rotational balance thanks to a very low centre of gravity.
Given the popularity of saltwater fishing, reducing water penetration into the reel is a major goal to minimise corrosion and promote longer life and better performance. If saltwater infiltrates a reel and dries, it crystallises, and then erodes gears and bearings. Through years of research and development, Daiwa found the solution – a membrane of magnetic oil, in conjunction with magnets between the body and the rotor of the reel, which greatly reduces the penetration of water inside the body via the main shaft. Being magnetised this lubrication system avoids any friction, reduces dust intrusion, eliminates oil spray and improves reel life expectancy.
Daiwa Saltist LTD 6500 Magseal Spinning Reel Features:
- Magseal - reduces penetration of water inside the body via the main shaft
- Magnetised lubrication system avoids any friction, reduces dust intrusion, eliminates oil spray and improves reel life expectancy
- Fully contained Magsealed line roller system to attenuate water intrusion, maintain rotation smoothness and increase part longevity
- ATD implements structural changes to the spool metal of the reel that provides greater support of the spool across the entire length of the main shaft
- New and improved drag grease that exhibits a low viscosity at rest, yet becomes more viscous immediately after drag start up
- Air Rotor design is further enhanced with a hollowed-out construction reducing weight, while increasing reel sensitivity and rotational balance
- Tough Airbail provides trouble free line control and features a hollow tubular stainless steel, protrusion-free, bail arm design that allows line to slide unencumbered along the Airbail towards the line roller
Daiwa Saltist LTD 6500 Magseal Spinning Reel Specifications:
- Gear Ratio: 5.3:1 (123cm)
- Bearings: 9BB, 1RB
- Drag: 15kg
- Line Capacity: PE 5/500m, 6/400m