ROBUST RELIABILITY MAKE THIS BCD A RESORT AND TRAINING FAVOURITE.
Simply the best value BCD on the market. Non fade
- Heavy duty 840 Denier bladder material for superior strength and durability
- BCD's pockets, shoulders, and back pad: 1000D nylon non-fade pack cloth.
- Denier is made from non-fade solution dye material which greatly slows down the fading process. This helps make your BCD looking newer for longer!
- Sternum strap for improved fitting. These straps are removable.
- Unique accent highlights on the shoulder straps for extra underwater visibility.
- Adjustable shoulder straps and cummerbund for a custom fit. Note that the adjustment can allow for a “cam belt system”.
- Hard Back Pack for stability.
- Two large self-draining Velcro pockets.
- Fitted with four metal accessory D-Rings.
How reliable is the Icon BCD? It may be our entry level BCD but we have spared nothing in the manufacturing standards of each individual Icon BCD.
This is our “QA” (quality assurance) final testing procedure on every Icon BCD:
The entire Air Cell (the main inflation part of the BCD) is fully inflated and deflated for 25 cycles. Followed by a 2 hour stand test whilst fully inflated. If the Air Cell fails at any time during this step, it is destroyed.
The entire Air Cell is once again inflated and deflated for 25 cycles followed by the 4 hour stand test whilst fully inflated. If the Air Cell fails at any time during this step, it is destroyed.
The final step is that we fully inflate the BCD and leave it to stand for 24 hours. The OPVs (over pressure valves) are also individually given a final 2.5 lb and 4.0 lb pressure tests. If the Air Cell or OPVs fail at any time during this step, they are destroyed.
Satisfied,we package the BCD ready for your next diving adventure.