The Shimano 4000D Baitrunner Reel is the culmination of years of engineering advances in Shimano’s premium bait fishing range. Designed for larger New Zealand salt-water fishing species, the Shimano 4000D Baitrunner Reel has raised the bar on previous models and now can deliver the most impressive Baitrunner that New Zealand's anglers have ever seen.
The Shimano 4000D Baitrunner Reel features all the latest Shimano technologies, from Propulsion Line Management System to S A-RB bearings. This new compact reel can handle nearly any live-bait application but still maintain the incredible durability of the legendary Baitrunner Series. The key feature of the Shimano Baitrunner is its secondary drag system which maintains a controlled free-spool with the closed bail allowing fish to run with the bait. By flipping the lever or turning the handle, the primary drag quickly engages allowing you to strike once your catch has eaten the bait.
Key features of the Shimano 4000D Baitrunner Reel include: Shimano's Cold Forged Spool for increased strength and durability over die-cast aluminium or graphite spools, Propulsion Line Management System so your reel can cope with using super braided lines, Varispeed Oscillation for even line lay on your spool, Dartainium II Drag giving you 7kgs of stopping power, SA-RB Ball Bearings that reduce the possibility of sand or salt inhibiting the bearings rotation, Super Stopper Anti-Reverse that eliminates back-play and provides you with instant hook-setting power, Dyna-Balance to create smooth rotation and eliminate vibrations in the reel and Fluidrive II Gearing giving you increased efficiency of retrieve for more power with less effort.
Whether you're casting, stray-lining a pillie or out to smash some kingies on a live bait, your Shimano 4000D Baitrunner Reel will have you covered for years to come.
Shimano 4000D Baitrunner Reel Features:
- Baitrunner System ideal for stray-lining for snapper and live-baiting for kingies
- Graphite frame
- Graphite sideplate
- Propulsion Line Management System so your reel can cope with using braided lines and extra casting distance
- Varispeed Oscillation System to make sure you get perfect line lay with Power Pro and other braided lines
- S-Concept; S-Rotor, S-Arm Cam, Direct Drive Mechanism (thread-in handle attachment)
- Oversized Septon grips for power and comfort, waterproof drag
- Machined aluminium handle
- Dartainium II drag washers (Cross Carbon) with 7kgs of stopping power
- Repairable clicker
- A-RB ball bearings; making it 10 times more corrosion resistant than standard Stainless Steel ball bearings
- Super stopper anti-reverse; eliminates backplay and provides instant hook setting power
- Dyna-Balance; eliminates wobble during the retrieve by counter balancing the rotor
- Floating shaft
- Fluid Drive II Gearing System increases the efficiency of the retrieve for more power with less effort
- Rated for use with mono, fluorocarbon and PowerPro lines
Shimano 4000D Baitrunner Reel Specifications:
- Retrieve Per Crank: 71cm
- Bearings:3 S A-RB (Shielded A-RB) Stainless Steel Ball Bearings + 1 Roller Bearing
- Max Drag: 7kg
- Mono Cap: 8lb/240yds -10lbs/200yds – 12lb/160yds
- Drag Type: FD/BTR
- Weight: 385g
- Powerpro Cap: 15lb/ 270 – 20lb/190yds - 40lbs/145yds
- Gear Ratio: 4.8:1